Welcome to the STAR Technology Exchange (STARTE) — a “classified ads” service that promotes the reutilization of assistive technology (AT).
Please read the following information carefully. To use STARTE, you must agree to the following terms and conditions.
This is a user-driven database with entry, edit, delete and search capabilities. The Exchange program is designed to facilitate transactions between sellers and donors of previously owned assistive technology and consumers in need of assistive technology. The Exchange is not for the sale or procurement of equipment by vendors or distributors.
- STARTE does not profit from the sale of listed devices.
- STARTE functions solely as an information-sharing communication channel.
- Listings must be refreshed every 30 days. If the listing has not been updated, it is automatically removed.
- STARTE staff may contact sellers to verify listing information.
- STARTE reserves the right to edit or refuse listings based on the item description and condition.
- STARTE makes no representations regarding and does not warrant the condition or terms of sale of any device offered for reutilization by an existing owner or buyer through the STAR Technology Exchange.
- You will not hold STARTE responsible for other users' actions or inactions, including things they post. You acknowledge that we are not a traditional auctioneer. Instead, the STARTE site is a venue to allow anyone to offer, sell, and buy just about anything related to assistive technology, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of pricing formats and venues. STARTE is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. STARTE has no control over and does not guarantee or make any representations concerning the quality, safety or legality of items advertised, the truth or accuracy of listings, the ability of sellers to sell items, the ability of buyers to pay for items, or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.
- STARTE is not responsible for expenses (including but not limited to shipping costs) resulting from transactions entered into through the Exchange.
- STARTE shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses (including but not limited to settlements, judgments, court costs and reasonable attorney's fees) fines and penalties, arising out of any actual or alleged injury, loss, or damage of any nature whatsoever in connection with the sale or use of any device purchased or sold under the STAR Technology Exchange. If you have a dispute with one or more users, sellers or buyers, you release STARTE and the State of Minnesota (and their officers, directors, agents, departments, agencies and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- It shall be the responsibility of the seller to provide accurate and detailed information about the device's specifications and condition to any buyer.
- STARTE staff may survey users of the site to determine usefulness of the site.
- Contact information is coded for Program use only.
By accepting these terms, you agree to hold harmless the STAR Technology Exchange, the Minnesota STAR Program, or the State of Minnesota should you experience a problem with any transaction resulting from the use of STARTE.You will be required to acknowledge your acceptance of this agreement each time you enter the STAR Technology Exchange.